Resilience: Just the facts
We all have resilience, it's a part of our everyday lives.
What is resilience?
Resilience is a process of adaptation , managing well in the face of adversity. Think of this as having the ability to “bounce back” from challenging, difficult and stressful experiences. We may not all have the essential ingredients for the perfect garden but we try to thrive as best we can with what we have. Build and cultivating positive views of our individual strength’s and abilities to the best of our ability. This is the process of resilience, to bounce back up. We all have it to larger or smaller degrees.
The focus on resilience emphasises on all of these aspects:
- Management of emotions
- Managing daily life
- Support a change in perspective
- Overcoming obstacles
- Improving Self-Perception
- Surviving adversity
- Shifting focus from problem to solution
- Develop self-efficacy
- Nurtures social and attachment bonds
- Supports Peers and role models
- Celebrating YOU
- Shift to resilience not on risk
- Shift from reactivity to proactivity
- Thriving beyond surviving