5 signs online gaming is affecting your life
When it comes to online gaming, it can be very easy to get hooked.
Be aware of how long you’re playing for, and make sure you take breaks.
Here are some warning signs that online gaming is starting to affect your life:
- You hardly ever see or go out with your friends anymore, and are spending less time with your family when you’re at home
- You choose to play games rather than do your homework, and it’s starting to get you into trouble at school
- Playing your game is the first thing you think about when you wake up,and it’s on your mind all day at school
- You’re playing late into the night, meaning you aren’t getting enough sleep so you’re very tired during the day
- You get angry, frustrated and anxious when you aren’t allowed to play or have to stay away from gaming for a longer period of time
Physical symptoms of gaming addition
Playing online games regularly can also have an impact on your physical health. You might experience:
- Frequent headaches
- Sore back, neck, hands and fingers
- Dry or red eyes
- Difficulty sleeping
- Poor personal hygiene
Gaming can be great fun, but if you recognise yourself in any of the above, talk to someone and get some help.
How to get help
If you have any more questions on this area or would like to speak to somebody about this topic, have a look at the links or search for your local services in the blue box below. Alternatively you can always contact your Public Health Nurse (School Nurse).
Find help in your local area
Find out what services are available to you in your area. Remember your school nurse is always there to give you confidential help and support.