9 Real Life Risks of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
People talk a lot about the fun side of drinking, but having too much has its dangers
Alcohol can have a very serious effect on your developing body and brain, as well as affecting your judgement and leaving you vulnerable to unsafe situations.
1. Alcohol poisoning
2. Unprotected sex – unwanted sex or STIs
3. Injuries and accidents
4. Memory loss
5. Violence and aggression: you could end up with a criminal record
6. Appearance : bad skin
7. Vulnerability: you could find yourself in unsafe situations
8. Liver damage: too much alcohol can cause irreparable damage to your liver
9. Hangover: bad headache and being sick – this is your body trying to repair itself
how to get help
If you have any more questions on this area or would like to speak to somebody about this topic, have a look at the links or search for your local services in the blue box below. Alternatively you can always contact your public health nurse.
Three things to remember to keep yourself safe
1. Don’t leave drinks unattended or accept drinks from strangers
2. Look after yourself and your friends – be aware of your surroundings
3. If a person is intoxicated they are not legally able to give consent to engage in sexual activity
Find help in your local area
Find out what services are available to you in your area. Remember your school nurse is always there to give you confidential help and support.